The British Open
14 – 17 July, 2016
The British Open, known formally as ‘The Open Championship’, is the oldest of the four Major Championships of golf, having been established in 1860. This Championship, 2016 will be the 145th edition of the British Open, making it one of the most prestigious and historic sporting events on the planet. The British Open is the only major to be held outside the U.S. and is managed by The R&A. The event takes place annually during the 3rd week of July, after the US Masters in April, the US Open in June and before the PGA Championship in August. The 2016 British Open will take place at Royal Troon in Scotland, a superb links course that has played host to 8 previous British Opens between 1923 and 2004. We have great value 3 night Packages to the 2016 British Open that will enable you to see all the action live at Royal Troon in comfort. Have a read through the Packages on this page and then get in touch—we’re looking forward to it.
Explore this page or contact us for more information.
2016 British Open Golf PACKAGES
Enjoy 3 nights accommodation and two days at The Open from only AUD $998 pp!
- 3 nights accommodation @ a selection of hotels
- Check-in: Friday 15 July
- Check-out: Monday 18 July
- Two Days at The Open; Saturday 15th and Sunday 17th July
- EWT ticket holder and lanyard
- All service and fees—no more to pay
– Upgrade with Grandstand Tickets
– Upgrade with Hospitality Packages
– Upgrade with with more Open Tickets and nights accommodation
– Other optional extras on request
– Prices in AUD, per person based on twin or double share, subject to availability on booking. If hotels are sold out when booking, the next best available hotels will be offered.
|Hotel||Rating||Location||Price pp AUD|
|Holiday Inn Express Riverside||3-star||Glasgow||$998|
|Fraser Suites, Studio||4-star||Glasgow||$1,129|
|Mercure Glasgow City||4-star||Glasgow||$1,209|
|Crowne Plaza Glasgow||4-star||Glasgow||$1,399|
|Westerwood Golf & Spa Resort||5-star||1hr North of Glasgow, 1 hour from Troon, Golf onsite||$1,749|
- Upgrade with more British Open Tickets to other days of The Open
- Upgrade with Grandstand Tickets
- Upgrade with Hospitality Packages
- Upgrade with extra nights accommodation
- Flights to Glasgow from all major cities on all carriers
- Transfers from airport to hotel, rental cars, cruises and other transport options available
- Local day tours, sightseeing passes and other event tickets
- Customised Corporate Packages and Group Packages, as well as business and incentive travel solutions for all needs
- Custom itineraries throughout the U.K. and Europe on request at best available rates
- Travel Insurance with a 15% discount through CHI or QBE with your Package
All extras can be added on when booking, or after confirming your Package, get in touch for a quote on all extras.
Getting to The Open @ Royal Troon from Glasgow City:
We recommend using a Scotrail-Golflink ticket which takes you to Troon station from Glasgow, where there are shuttle buses take you to the course nearby. Tickets can be purchased at Glasgow Station at anytime and there’s a high frequency of trains to Troon station. More fare information will be available close to the event date. We expect this method of transport to be most efficient and economical, taking approximately 45 minutes and approximately £30 -£40 pp.
Contact us for British Open Hospitality Packages, Corporate Hospitality and other ticket upgrades/grandstands.
Royal Troon Golf Club, established 1878, is one of the greatest links courses in Scotland. Located in Troon, South Ayrshire, the course has 45 holes across two 18 hole courses and a 9 hole course. The Open Championship has been played at Royal Troon 8 times previously, making 2016 the 9th Open Championship at Royal Troon and the 145th edition of the prestigious event. The last British Open was played here in 2004, so it will be a welcomed return to this fabulous links course. Royal Troon features the shortest and longest holes in the British Open; the Par 3, 8th ‘Postage Stamp’ is only 112m long, while the Par 5, 6th ‘Turnberry’ is 550m long. Previous winners include Arnold Palmer, Todd Hamilton and Zach Johnson in 2015. Can Johnson win back to back British Opens? Be there to find out! Find out more about Royal Troon.
Explore tabs ↑
2016 British Open Golf Packages
Terms & Conditions
– Availability is subject to change at any time.
– All prices are listed in AUD and are per person.
– There are no refunds for unused services.
– A confirmation letter will be sent on booking with an invoice outlining your Package inclusions.
– Names provided must be as outlined as per your Passport or Government I.D.
– Full payment is required to confirm your reservation against our quote and availability.
– Once confirmed, full cancellation applies due to strict ticketing regulations.
– For all optional extras, other varied payment terms and amendment conditions will apply and you will be advised on quote/booking extra services.
Please see our General Booking Terms & Conditions, that are used in conjunction with the specific event terms.
We understand the need for tailored travel services and we’ve been customising travellers their perfect travel experiences since 1993!
Bundling up your travel services will maintain quality and reliability throughout your trip, while helping you save. Having our experienced Travel Consultants organising your travel will ensure a smooth and worry free travel experience. Plus you’ll have our backup support if changes arise.
- Accommodation: 3, 4 or 5 Star Hotels
- Flights: Economy, Premium, Business or First Class on all major airlines (we ticket flights ourselves as an IATA Agency)
- Transport: Coach or private transfers, rental cars (all suppliers), group transfers, train tickets
- Tickets: Event tickets, concert tickets and sightseeing tours
- Group & Corporate Travel Packages: Travelling as a group, company or looking for an incentive Package? We’ve got you covered! Save with customised group packages and only the travel services you need!
- Hospitality Packages: Let us customise you a Package with hospitality so you can enhance your event travel experience
- other services are available on request, nothing’s too hard— try us!
We can create customised packages based on our minimum listed package requirements and your individual needs. We can offer advice and recommendations as well as options for you to consider, all based on our years of event and travel experience.
We recommend Travel Insurance for any and every trip. It’s an essential part of travel. We can organise Travel Insurance with your booking and help you choose the right policy. Ask our Travel Consultants for options through QBE or CHI when making a booking. A 15% rebate applies for policies purchased with any of our Travel Packages.
Learn more about Travel Insurance.
Want to find out more about this event, our services or how we can help you travel?
Need assistance? Get in touch today on 1300 788 666
2016 British Open Golf Packages
Frequently Asked Questions
This section aims to answer the most commonly asked questions about this event. If you have a question not answered here, please contact us.
Can I buy British Open Tickets by themselves?
Our 2016 British Open Tickets are provided with other travel services which make up our Travel Packages and Tours. They cannot be split up and sold individually. Our Packages have a minimum accommodation requirement.
Where do I get my Tickets and documents?
Your Travel Documentation, which includes information to help you redeem the services you’ve booked, plus other useful event information will be sent approximately 2 weeks before you travel, so you will have the most up to date travel information in hand before you leave.
Where possible, we will issue electronic documents via email, however, in the instance that real tickets and merchandise is provided, documents will be sent via registered post/courier with enough time to arrive before your departure or collection points will be advised.
Are there ticket upgrades available?
Hospitality and other grandstand tickets, including more days at The Open are available on request.
Where does my General Admission ticket get me?
You are able to freely roam within the grounds and follow golfers to each hole and view the greens.
What is the weather typically like during the event?
For Glasgow in July, expect;
Average highs: 19°C
Average lows: 11°C
We suggest: Pack with layers for both cool and warm weather, with plenty of sun protection for the course.
What dates is the 2016 British Open?
Dates have been confirmed for 14 – 17 July, 2016.
What course will host the 2016 British Open?
Royal Troon Golf Club in Scotland has been confirmed as the 2016 Open Championship venue.
What Hospitality Packages are available?
British Open Golf Hospitality options available on request. Contact us for more information.
Who won the 2015 British Open?
Zach Johnson (USA) was the 2015 winner, finishing 1 shot ahead of Louis Oosthuizen (RSA) and Marc Leishman (AUS) in the Playoff, after all 3 players drew at -15 under par during the final round.
I have a group, can you help?
We are group travel experts and have access to wholesale airfares, group rates, ticket blocks and other services which must be customised on an ad hoc basis for all groups. Simply contact a travel consultant to begin organising a custom built group Travel Package. Group Packages are available for companies, independent travel groups, schools, clubs and as incentives.
Can I book flights with you?
We are an IATA Agency and issue our own flight tickets in-house. This means we have access to the best available fares and can book/quote your airfares at anytime, direct. Please ask us for a quote and we’ll happily add flights to your British Open Package.
What other services do you offer?
We can offer you a full range of travel services at the best available rates as a fully licensed travel agency. Such services include;
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing Tours
- Event Tickets
- & other special requests
Get in touch today to start your journey.
Why should I choose Events Worldwide Travel?
At Events Worldwide Travel, our knowledge, experience, flexibility and attention to detail ensures all customers travel with complete confidence. We’ve carefully crafted our image since 1993 and have gone above and beyond to secure licenses and accreditation to support our beliefs on safety, security and value.
Our high quality and great value travel services are tailored to the discerning needs of modern day travellers, whether your travelling individually or as a group, you should find something to suit and if you have other needs, we can build you a completely customised Package, it’s as easy as that.
Our Licenses: IATA, AFTA, ATAS, ASTA and IAGTO.
Can I book a hotel not on your list?
We welcome customisations to any packages if it helps you get exactly what you want. Requesting a different hotel will change the price we can offer for that Package and all requested hotels are subject to availability at the time of booking.
To request a customisation, please contact us.
How can I pay for my Package or Tour?
We accept credit cards, VISA, MasterCard and American Express, or you may pay via Bank Transfer (EFT). Further details will be provided on booking.
Do I need Travel Insurance?
We recommend purchasing Travel Insurance for every trip, big or small. Travel Insurance is there to cover you when the unexpected happens and things out of your control risk ruining your trip! We have policies through QBE and CHI available with a 15% rebate when booking with your rugby Package.
Contact us today and we’ll help you choose the right policy for you.
Or you can view CHI Policies yourself here.
If you have a question not listed here, please contact us, we would love to hear from you.
Explore the map for course and hotel locations.
GET IN TOUCH
We’ve been providing quality travel packages to events around the globe since 1993. Our experience will ensure you receive great value travel that meets your discerning needs.Learn More