Play The Links & Sandbelt Package
This deluxe package includes two rounds of golf at Barnbougle followed by luxury accommodation and golf in Melbourne. Combine that with the Presidents Cup 2019 for a unique and unforgettable experience. This small group package also welcomes non-golfers. Sample itinerary.
- Return flight from Melbourne to Launceston, 10/11 December with transfers
- 1-night accommodation at Barnbougle Dunes Cottages:
- Check-in: Tuesday 10 December
- Check-out: Wednesday 11 December
- 1 round of golf on the Lost Farm Course, 10 December
- Welcome drinks, 10 December
- Dinner at Lost Farm Lodge, 10 December
- 1 round of golf on The Dunes Course, 11 December
- 5-nights accommodation at InterContinental Melbourne:
- Check-in: Wednesday 11 December
- Check-out: Monday 16 December
- Daily breakfast throughout (hotel buffet or golf club breakfast when playing)
- 1 round of golf at Commonwealth Golf Club, 12 December
- 1 round of golf at The Metropolitan Golf Club, 13 December
- Return hotel to golf transport throughout
- Green fees and pull trolleys at each course
- Casual competition prizes after golf
- Daily return transport to Royal Melbourne Golf Club from transport hubs
- 2019 Presidents Cup 4-day Captains Club tickets:
- Thursday to Sunday
- Located on-course for the first time at The Royal Melbourne Golf Club, experience the 2019 Presidents Cup in the comfort of the exclusive Captains Club. With a clubhouse feel in a sports bar environment, this air-conditioned venue offers an upgraded atmosphere with a pub-style menu available for purchase and premium cash bar.
- Exclusive Spectator Gala Dinner (Saturday 14 December) at Crown Palladium with former golfing greats, guest appearances and Presidents Cup discussions with a three-course dinner, beverages and entertainment
- Souvenir merchandise
- Private transfer from your hotel to Melbourne Airport, 16 December
- Ticket delivery fees and taxes
|Room Type||Sharing||Price pp|
International Club Hospitality for Saturday and Sunday: $1,140 pp
Located on course in the heart of the Presidents Cup action, The International Club is an all-inclusive, casual, venue overlooking the 10th fairway. Guests of the International Club will enjoy cocktail canapés and complimentary beer and wine throughout the day.
- Flights to Melbourne
- Extra nights accommodation
- Transport and car rental
- Sightseeing experiences
- Travel insurance through CHI with a 15% discount. (In a hurry? Get on online quote now)
Hotels and Golf Courses
The Dunes Cottages
The Dunes Cottages is a collection of quaint two bedroom cottages with hotel room facilities, decks with outdoor seating and stunning views of the course and coastline. These cute rooms will make your Barnbougle experience memorable, down-to-earth and relaxing, the perfect way to start your Presidents Cup experience. In-room you will enjoy tea and coffee making facilities, Foxtel and reverse cycle heating and cooling.
The InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is within Melbourne’s former tallest building and adored landmark. The 5-star luxury hotel boasts timeless heritage character and modern luxuries. Guest rooms are fantastically appointed with an elegant and timeless feel. The hotel features a rich past as a former Wool Exchange building, offices and now luxury hotel; cleverly designed to showcase the buildings historic past.
Nearest transport hub: Southern Cross Station Bus Terminal, short walk
Tasmania is world-renowned for its untouched wilderness, pristine coastline, cool climate, wildlife and spectacular golf. Barnbougle is home to two iconic courses The Dunes and Lost Farm; both links courses with Marram Grass, open fairways, formidable greens and steep bunkers, which are challenging to say the least. Combine this with a remote location on the northern coastline of Tasmania and Barnbougle becomes the ultimate golfing experience. Both courses feature in Australia’s top 10.
Commonwealth Golf Club
The Commonwealth Golf Club holds its own amongst Melbourne’s renowned Sandbelt courses. The championship golf course dates back to 1921 and regularly hosts major tournaments including Australian Open events. Tom Doak includes the course in his list of 31 courses titled ‘the first I would take a good friend to see’. Enjoy challenging driving holes, subtle sloping greens and water features with threateningly positioned bunkers.
The Metropolitan Golf Club
Metropolitan shares a rich history with Royal Melbourne dating back to 1891 and is widely recognised as one of the finest championship courses in Australia. A regular host of Australian Opens, Australian PGAs and most recently the host of the 2018 World Cup of Golf, it regularly challenges the best golfers in the world. The course is one of the best-conditioned and most beautiful in Australia with fast greens and hand-mown bunker edges which adds to the charm! This is one of the world’s great courses and a privilege to play on right before the Presidents Cup.
The Royal Melbourne Golf Club
Home of the Presidents Cup 2019
Commonwealth Golf Club
Metropolitan Golf Club