Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 San Francisco
View of AT&T Park San Francisco
Watch USA’s biggest ever rugby event live in San Francisco
Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 is the premier Rugby Sevens tournament across the globe. The illustrious hosting rights have been awarded to San Francisco and the USA, where Rugby Sevens is booming. The 2018 World Cup will be held at AT&T Park in downtown San Francisco bordering the harbour, with amazing views from all seats. AT&T Park usually hosts up to 42,500 people for baseball games, but will be transformed into the epicentre of Rugby Sevens in July 2018 as the rugby world transcends on the city for three action-packed days of entertainment. Defending champions New Zealand, who defeated England 33-0 in Moscow 2013, will be looking to defend their title, while the women’s Rugby Sevens Champions, also New Zealand, try to make history with a double/double with the men’s side. This will be the seventh edition of the Rugby World Cup Sevens, the first was held in 1993 in Scotland. The fixture features 24 teams in the men’s competition, divided into four pools of six and 16 teams in the women’s tournament split into four pools of four. This Rugby World Cup Sevens will be a fantastic opportunity to see the world’s best rugby, support your country and enjoy the amazing city of San Francisco and additional travel throughout the United States and North America.
Events Travel have been appointed an Official Travel Agent for this event and have a range of Official Rugby World Cup Sevens Packages with tickets, hotel accommodation and other travel extras at the best available prices. See this spectacle LIVE with fantastic value packages, excellent seats and extra services to help you enjoy the pinnacle event in Rugby Sevens. As always we can assist with pre/post event travel through the US and beyond.
We look forward to seeing you for a San Francisco summer at the Rugby World Cup Sevens.
Watch USA’s biggest ever rugby event!
Secure an Official Package today at the best available prices.
2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens Packages
Customisations, variations and extras on request.
Event Date: 20-22 July 2018
Men’s Teams: 24, split into four pools of six
Women’s Teams: 16, split into four pools of four
Venue: AT&T Park, San Francisco
Current Champions: New Zealand, Men’s and Women’s
Most Successful Nations: Men’s Competition, New Zealand (2001, 2013) and Fiji (1997, 2005). Women’s Competition, Australia (2009) and New Zealand (2013)
Format: Seven players per side, seven minute halves
Men’s Teams for 2018
- New Zealand
- South Africa
Yet To Qualify
- Europe (2 teams)
- Asia (2 teams)
- Africa (2 teams)
- North America (1 team)
- South America (2 teams)
- Oceania (2 team)
Women’s Teams for 2018
- New Zealand
- + top four nations from HSBC World Rugby Women’s Sevens Series 2016-17 (excluding pre-qualified teams)
Yet To Qualify
- Europe (2 teams)
- Asia (2 teams)
- Africa (1 team)
- North America (1 team)
- South America (1 team)
- Oceania (1 team)
Schedule of Play
Day 1, Friday 20 July (Women’s Championship)
Play Begins: 10:00 and concludes at 18:58
Day 2, Saturday 21 July (Women’s and Men’s Championship)
Play Begins: 10:00 and concludes at 20:36
Day 3, Sunday 22 July (Men’s Championship)
Play Begins: 09:00 and concludes at 18:08
Your Host City
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
San Francisco is often called ‘Everybody’s Favourite City’, a title earned by its scenic beauty, cultural attractions, diverse communities, and world-class cuisine. Measuring 49 square miles, this very walk-able city is dotted with landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, Alcatraz and the largest Chinatown in the United States.
Views of the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay are often laced with fog, creating a romantic mood in this most European of American cities.
Away from the bright lights and bridges of San Francisco, there is a lot to see and do including visiting the world-famous Napa Valley wine region, the natural beauty of Lake Tahoe, the home of high-tech Silicon Valley, rugged mountain hiking trails in Yosemite National Park and much more.
San Francisco International Airport is serviced by 13 domestic and 32 international airline carriers.
San Francisco has many wonderful attractions within the city itself, which we are sure you will be familiar with. Neighbouring the city, hot destinations include Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Napa Valley, Yosemite, Mammoth Mountain, Californian Redwood Forests, Joshua Tree and more.
San Francisco is a great base for exploring California, the deserts, mountains, coastal routes and neighbouring states such as Oregon, Washington and the rest of the US. Ask us for a customised holiday itinerary to explore the best of this wide-ranging country.
To book extras or upgrades, please check the options and add requests in the comments when making an online booking or speak to an Events Travel Consultant to make an offline booking.
Non-Reserved General Admission
Free seating, get there early for the best seats.
View Level: included
Field Level: $210 pp
Never lose your seat.
View Level: $76 pp (Section 323-326)
Field Level: $350 pp (Section 125-129)
Club Level: $548 pp (Section 219-221)
Three-Day Hospitality Lounge at Triples Alley
$1,310 pp (Section 145)
The number one spot to be during the RWC 7’s. Enjoy premium three-day Hospitality with free-flow drinks, food and the best ground level viewing on the harbour side of the stadium. Located at Section 145 (warm-up area with open views of the bay).
Travelling from Australia? You’ll need an airfare and we’ve got you covered! With our group flights on Qantas, we have a fare you cannot overlook.
From Australia with QANTAS
*return economy airfare, excluding taxes which are approximately A$195 pp
Outbound — QF 73, departs 19 July (non-stop B-747) from Sydney at 13.00, arriving in San Francisco at 9.30 same day.
Inbound — QF 74, departs 23 July (non-stop B-747) from San Francisco at 23.25, arriving in Sydney at 07.00 on 25 July.
- Upgrades to Premium Economy, Business Class and First Class available on request.
- With the above group flight, check-in for the flight normally as an individual traveller. Group flights simply mean we have contracted a number of seats at a great fare.
- You can adjust the return date with daily fare adjustment.
- If you want to depart earlier, we can arrange individual fares, subject to availability.
- If you are travelling from Melbourne, Canberra or Brisbane a domestic flight to Sydney may be included at no extra charge if you get in early.
- Qantas also fly from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to Los Angeles and onto San Francisco with American Airlines as a Qantas code share connection.
- Air New Zealand fly to San Francisco from Auckland with connections within New Zealand and Australia.
- United and American Airlines fly direct from Australia to San Francisco via Los Angeles.
- Fiji Airways fly directly from Nadi to San Francisco with connections/stop-overs from New Zealand and Australia.
- Cathay Pacific fly to San Francisco via Hong Kong.
- Hawaiian Airlines fly to San Francisco via Hawaii (with stop-over holidays available, ask us for pricing!)
As you can see, there are many ways to get to San Francisco, let us do the hard-work for you to find the best airfare and routing for your needs and dates with stop-overs or extra travel if you require.
Travelling from Other Countries?
We can arrange flights from other countries, please get in touch with an expert travel consultant for a quick and easy quote with your package.
EXPERIENCE SONOMA: WINE, GOLF & SPA
From USD$1,099 pp twin share
The Napa Valley, north of San Francisco is world-famous, but lesser known neighbour Sonoma is even better. This pre or post RWC 7’s package staying at the Fairmont Mission Inn and Spa is a fantastic way to warm up or relax before the World Cup. You can pamper yourself at the spa, enjoy rounds of golf or tour the wine region and Napa Valley, a short drive away.
- Three-nights accommodation at the 5-star Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa:
- Check-in: Monday 16 July or Monday 23 July (pre/post)
- Check-out: Thursday 19 July or Thursday 26 July (pre/post)
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi
- Sparkling wine on arrival
- Complimentary self-parking (rental cars available on request)
- Complimentary bottle of wine in-room
- One-way transfer from San Francisco Airport to Fairmont Sonoma*
- Tour the Napa Valley with a high-quality Wine & Dine Experience
- Option to play golf at the private Sonoma Golf Club**. Included is a hotel shuttle transfer to the Golf Club (tee-times essential, let us know when booking)
- One-way transfer from Fairmont Sonoma to San Francisco Hotel (12.00 noon)
- All local taxes (no more to pay)
*Transfer to/from San Francisco or Oakland Airports is at regular hours. For early or late arrivals a surcharge may apply, depending on guest numbers.
**Golf is available via a special rate of $225 pp for the morning or $125 pp for the afternoon
Twin share from USD$1,099 pp
Single share from USD$1,858 pp
Other Travel Extras
- Golf Packages to Pebble Beach, Half Moon Bay, Monterey and more
- Local services and sight-seeing
- Flights to the US
- Stop-overs and extensions
- Transfers, rental cars and transport
- Extra nights and other accommodation
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing, day tours, excursions and experiences
- Custom packages for individuals, groups and companies
- Pricing is listed per person in USD.
- Listed prices and availablity are subject to change at any time without notice.
- All payments are non-refundable, in case of cancellation.
- Changes to bookings incur amendment fees per transaction, plus any applicable fees from suppliers for changes (e.g. airlines).
- Extra travel services may be subject to different payment requirements to be confirmed on quoting and booking.
- Full cancellation applies.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for unused services.
- We highly recommend travel insurance and can provide a 15% discount on retail prices with CHI. Ask an Events Travel Consultant for a quote at any time.
- Events Travel are an Official Travel Agent for this event, appointed by World Rugby.
- Exact passport names are required for flight bookings.
- Invoices will be converted to AUD at the time of booking using the prevailing rate.
- If purchasing seperate, individual airfares, full payment is required to confirm. Otherwise, group flights require an extra A$250 deposit to confirm.
- Additonal terms apply as per our booking terms and conditions page.
How To Book
To book your Rugby World Cup Sevens Package you can make an online booking by selecting the package and options from the Packages pages, found above. Alternatively you can contact an Events Travel Consultant to make an offline booking. If booking online, you will be required to make a payment to confirm. If making an offline booking you will receive a confirmation and invoice via email. Once payment is received your booking will be confirmed.
Deposit: USD$250 pp to confirm your package
Balance: the remainder is due by 30 April, 2018.
We accept bank transfer and credit card payments. Credit card payments incur a 1.98% fee.
Travel Documents and Tickets
Travel documents including event tickets, flight tickets, hotel information and other applicable items will be sent at least two weeks prior to the event by registered post, courier or via an Official Ticket Collection center. Finalised information will be provided with your travel documents.
Why Events Travel?
Official Travel Agent
We have been endorsed by World Rugby as an Official Travel Agent to provide travel and official tickets to this event.
Zero risk. All your services, including event tickets, are guaranteed of value and quality with Events Travel.
A long time in the making
We’ve been taking fans to events since 1993. See our track record listing our official partnerships.
With decades of experience and a passionate team, we ensure fans travel with confidence on our pre-made or tailor-made products. Start your journey today
All Rugby Sevens events: