British Lions Tour 2021 South Africa
3 Jul - 7 Aug, 2021
Your British Lions Tour 2021 travel experience starts here. In 2021, the British and Irish Lions are heading to South Africa for an eight match series from 3 July – 7 August 2021. To start, the Lions will endure five warm-up matches before facing off against the current World Champions for three Test matches on the 24th of July, 31st of July and 7th of August 2021. The final match will be in Johannesburg.
For this series, like many others including Australia in 2013 and New Zealand in 2017, Events Travel have direct access to official tours and packages including guaranteed tickets and travel services to get you there. Enjoy quality accommodation, travelling with like-minded peers, pre-game functions and special events with rugby celebrities to get you excited for game day. With a Lions tour or package, you will see all corners of the country that’s famous for rugged coastlines, untouched wilderness, incredible wildlife, exciting cities and fantastic food and wine.
We hope you’ll join us on our next adventure to South Africa for the 2021 Lions Tour — there’s nothing quite like it!
Make a new enquiry
Are you ready for an unforgettable travel experience? Let’s get started…
The British & Irish Lions Tour began in 1888 as a commercial venture touring to Australia and New Zealand with a 21-man squad. The squad, known then as the English National Team or ‘British Isles’, included players from England, Scotland and Wales, though the team was predominantly English. In 1891, the Western Province Union invited rugby bodies in Britain to tour South Africa, establishing the first test-match tour and the tour as we know it today. Throughout the early 1900’s, the popularity of the tour grew with matches drawing hundreds of thousands of fans. Now, the British Lions Tour is one of the biggest topics of discussion on the rugby calendar. The squad selection takes months and is hotly debated by news outlets and rugby fans around the world. Once the squad is selected, months of hard-work, training and strategy planning takes place before finally heading on tour.Read moreRead less
The highly anticipated British & Irish Lions Tour takes place every four years, with the 2021 Lions Tour heading to South Africa. The British Lions will take on the best of South Africa’s local clubs and representative sides for five matches before ending with three Tests against the reigning World Champions — South Africa.
New Zealand’s Warren Gatland is set to coach the 2021 British Lions team for the third time, having lead the Lions to a dramatic series draw against New Zealand in 2017 and a 2-1 series win over Australia in 2013. It’s sure to be an epic display of rugby with the British Lions hungry to repeat their 1997 victory against the Springboks.
Rugby aside, South Africa is a unique and exciting country, rich in history, culture, food, wildlife and sun-soaked coasts. It’s a special destination with breathtaking scenery and plenty to experience. Must-sees include Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain, and for the wine connoisseurs; Stellenbosch, La Motte, Boschendal and Meerendal are sure to keep you occupied! This is your opportunity to visit some of the most iconic rugby grounds in the world and experience some of South Africa’s historic sights.
Having helped fans experience British Lions Tours of New Zealand, Australia and South Africa since 1994, we are looking forward to helping you experience South Africa in 2021.
Director, Events Travel
Host Country: South Africa
Dates: 3 July – 7 August 2021
Tours of South Africa: 13
Wins against South Africa: 4
2013 Winner: British Lions
2017 Winner: Draw against New Zealand
Nation with most Tour Wins: Australia (7 wins of 9 hosted tours)
|Sat, 3 July 2021||DHL Stormers v British & Irish Lions||Cape Town||Cape Town Stadium
|Wed, 7 July 2021||South Africa ‘Invitational’ v British & Irish Lions||Port Elizabeth||Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium|
|Sat, 10 July 2021||Cell C Sharks v British & Irish Lions||Durban||Jonsson Kings Park|
|Wed, 14 July 2021||South Africa ‘A’ v British & Irish Lions||Mbombela||Mbombela Stadium|
|Sat, 17 July 2021||Vodacom Bulls v British & Irish Lions||Pretoria||Loftus Versfeld|
|Sat, 24 July 2021||Springboks v British & Irish Lions||Johannesburg||FNB Stadium|
|Sat, 31 July 2021||Springboks v British & Irish Lions||Cape Town||Cape Town Stadium
|Sat, 7 August 2021||Springboks v British & Irish Lions||Johannesburg||Emirates Airline Park|
Speak to a Travel Expert today to discuss how you want to experience the British Lions Tour in 2021.
- Event: British Lions Tour tickets, hospitality, events and experiences
- Flights: All carriers and destinations
- Accommodation: Extra nights, room upgrades and more
- Transport: Coaches, private transfers and car hire
- Sightseeing: Attractions, day trips and organised tours
- Custom-made Packages: For individuals and groups of all sizes, including corporate groups and incentives
- Travel Insurance: Domestic and international policies, including a 15% off base policy discount for Australian residents
South Africa is wild, diverse and truly breathtaking. It’s one of the world’s premier safari destinations and home to the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino) within some of the best game parks available. The most notable are Kruger and Kgalagadi, where you can stay in luxury colonial-style accommodation and manor houses with home-cooked meals, guided walks and dusk and dawn game park drives. But it’s not all about safaris. South Africa has a rugged coast that offers fabulous surf, whale-watching, wildlife excursions and untouched beaches. South Africa is also known as a fantastic wine touring region. Take the Garden Route through Cape Windelands and Stellenbosch, where world-renowned wineries and boutique vineyards are right at home in lush valleys between jagged peaks. The British Lions Tour is being played at cities across the country and each city has it’s own attractions and cultures that will be well worth a visit. South Africa is a unique and alluring destination begging to be discovered and a British Lion Tour 2021 Package is the best way to get there
South African rand
It’s winter in July and August in South Africa. Mornings are cool with an average low of 6°C, while afternoons are pleasant, at around 23-25°C. Depending on your location in South Africa, it can be warmer up to mid 30°C. At this time of year, seawater is mild and enjoyable and gentle breezes come in from the coast. It’s one of the best times of the year for active travel. July is also the start of the whale-spotting season.
Things to do
For all products there is a deposit due to confirm your booking. A stage payment of 30% is due by 13 November 2021, another stage payment of 30% is due by 15 January 2021 and the balance is due by 16 April 2021.
We accept payments by bank transfer (EFT), credit cards and cheque. Domestic bank transfers and cheques have no fees. International bank transfers (e.g. from an international bank to our Australian bank or from an Australian bank to our international bank) incur a nominal A$20 service fee per transaction. All credit card payments incur merchant fees. For Visa and MasterCard it’s 1.5% and for American Express it’s 1.98%.
Payment instructions will be provided on booking and if you have any queries, please get in touch.
- Start your journey by making a new enquiry or speak to a Travel Expert
- From there, you can make a new booking or discuss your travel requirements in more detail. Our Travel Experts will happily provide more information or put together a custom-made package, just for you
- After confirming your booking, you will receive a deposit invoice and booking confirmation with more information about your trip
- If the event is still a while away, you will receive email updates from our team with more information and event announcements as the information comes to hand
- Approximately four weeks before the event begins, we start sending out your travel documents. You will receive a travel documents email and if required, a parcel with physical items as well. The travel documents email will contain personalised travel information, itineraries, vouchers and details about your trip. Your parcel (if applicable) will contain tickets, merchandise and supporter gear. For some events, or if you live internationally and cannot receive your parcel within the available timeframe, we will make your parcel available for collection from your hotel or an official collection centre. If this is the case, you will be advised within your travel documents email, this always comes first
- That’s it — you’ll be ready to travel!