Australian Open 2020
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Park
Australian Open 2020 Packages
Are you looking to experience the excitement of Australian Open 2020? You can with Events Travel!
Packages for 2020 are now available. Explore the brochure to find the Package for you.
Book your AO Package with Events Travel and receive:
|Guaranteed Ticket Allocation (Find your Row and Section before booking)|
Exclusive Atrium Bar Passes (not available for Public Sale)
Food and Beverage Cards (for use at outlets across the venue)
Access to premium accommodations and travel services (our specialty)
Support of the experienced Events Travel Team (26 Australian Opens and counting)
|Flexible Packages (build your own or choose an off-the-shelf package)|
|Fully Accredited (ATAS, AFTA, IATA & more)|
The VIP Finals Package is sold out. See the Slam Express Package and upgrade your tickets for the best available AO 2020 Finals Package.
A Brief Overview
Experience Australia’s biggest sporting event and Grand Slam of Asia Pacific in 2020 with Events Travel.
The Australian Open is the first of the four tennis Grand Slams held each year, alongside the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. Out of these Grand Slams, the Australian Open is the most attended and Australia’s most popular event (over 740,000 fans experienced the atmosphere in 2018).
The Australian Open has a long history dating back to 1905 and has created many of tennis’s most defining moments —too numerous to name—. For over a century, Melbourne has been transformed into the epicentre of tennis with fans coming from around the globe to experience what the city and the tournament is renowned for —sophisticated entertainment, fun for the family and the best tennis on the planet —.
The event takes place at Melbourne’s sporting hub, Melbourne Park, where numerous show courts and Arenas —including Rod Laver Arena— come alive with installations, hospitality venues, stages, big-screens and activations for all to enjoy over the two week event period.
January is a fantastic time to visit Melbourne, with warm weather making day-trips to the beaches, parks and attractions very enjoyable. And the long summer days ensure you can make the most of the evenings and atmosphere at the Australian Open.
2020 will be our 26th year providing packages to the Australian Open and 18th year as an Official Tour Operator, having helped found the OTO program back in 2002. With this experience, we’re sure you will trust us to provide you with an exceptional Australian Open package and travel experience.
We look forward to welcoming you to Australian Open 2020.
Australian Open 2020
20 January to 2 February 2020
Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, VIC, 3001
Travel Packages & Hospitality Packages
$749 pp twin share
Event Information & Resources
Find out more about Australian Open 2020.
Coming soon for 2020.
Coming soon for 2020.
The singles draw ceremony is held in January.
Fields are made up as follows:
128 (104 direct entries based on rankings, 16 qualifiers, eight wildcards).
128 (108 direct entries, 12 qualifiers, eight wildcards).
The vibrant Plexicushion surface enhances ball visibility. Trademarked as ‘Australian Open True Blue’, the courts are two-toned, allowing for greater contrast and improved depth perception.
Wilson supplies more than 4000 dozen tennis balls for use during the tournament. Six new balls are used for the five-minute warm-up and the first seven games and six new balls are provided every nine games thereafter. Used balls are sold on site.
- Australian Open 2009 was the warmest event on record, with the average daily maximum 34.7°C, nine degrees above normal.
- The coolest Australian Open was in 1986, when the maximum temperature averaged just 22.5°C, 3.5 degrees below normal.
- On 29 January, 1963, 108mm of rain fell on Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, making it the wettest day in Australian Open history.
- Fans at Australian Open 2019 are expected to consume more than 200,000 bottles of Mount Franklin water and 150,000 ice creams.
- Australian Open 2018 was the most watched on record with numbers exceeding all previous years across the globe, across the tournament 743,667 game through the gates, an all-time record.
Customise Your Package
Create the travel experience that’s right for you by adding on extra travel services to your package.
As a full service travel company, we have access to the best available services from suppliers across the globe. Our travel consultants will happily put together a custom package that’s right for you. Ask us for a quote today.
Travelling with a group? We pride ourselves on providing flexible services to cater to groups of all sizes from small groups to over 200, we’ve done it all. We understand the complications of group transport, accommodation management, flight ticketing, event seating plus the rest.
Let us do the hard work for you. Start your group travel experience today.
Services We Provide:
- Accommodation: Extra nights, room upgrades and other accommodation options
- Flights: All carriers, classes and destinations (we ticket flights in-house)
- Transport: Transfers, car hire, coaches, train tickets and internal flights
- Sightseeing Experiences: Private tours, attractions and more
- Customised Itineraries: Customise a listed event package or create your own itinerary
- Group Packages: For corporate groups, schools, incentive trips and other group types
- Travel Insurance: Our customers receive a 15% discount if booking with CHI, a service we provide with your booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question not listed here, please contact us, we would love to hear from you and we may use your question here to help others.
What ticket types will be available?
We will have a full range of packages including accommodation, tickets and other travel services, hospitality and benefits. The full range of tickets will be available within each package for you to choose from.
Where do I pick up my tickets?
Tickets will be sent to you at least two weeks before the event with your travel documentation. If you require these earlier or are not at your postal address at that time, we can arrange alternative delivery.
When do I receive my travel documents?
Travel documents (including event tickets, flight tickets, hotel vouchers and other applicable items) are sent at least two weeks prior to the event by email, courier or registered post. In special circumstances, documents and tickets may be made available via an official ticket collection centre or via a hotel drop-off. Finalised information will be provided to you closer to the event.
Can you book flights for me?
Yes, we are an IATA Agent and ticket flights directly in-house with access to the best available fares on all carriers. Ask us to add flights to your package when they are released.
I have a group, can you help us?
We provide travel for groups of any size (10, 50 or 100+) and can tailor our packages and services to suit specific groups needs. Group Packages will be available with the general product release.
What travel services do you offer?
We offer a full range of travel services, such as:
- Custom itineraries
- Group packages
- Travel insurance
When booking, ask us for a quote to add-on additional services to your package.
Can I extend my stay longer than your package dates?
Yes. We have contracted fantastic hotel rates for the event and adjacent dates before or after. Ask us for a quote to add extra nights to any package. We can provide accommodation elsewhere during your trip too.
Please note: Extra nights are subject to availability and are best booked as early as you can. Note that if you book at the same hotel via other means (e.g. a hotel booking site or direct) then you may not receive the same room for the duration of your stay. Ask us for a quote for extra nights when making your booking. Our extra night rates are very competitive.
Why should I choose Events Travel?
We have the most Official Partnerships with major global events than any company in Australia and have been proudly providing quality travel to major events since 1993. Our customers love our flexible and attentive service, something they don’t find when booking travel online. We are 100% Australian owned and managed with customers in Australia and around the globe.
We are fully accredited to the highest available standards (IATA, ATAS, AFTA, ASTA and IAGTO) and are audited annually, something you won’t find elsewhere.
We have the experience and expertise to ensure you travel with complete confidence.
But, that’s enough about us, let us know how we can help you have an amazing #EventsTravel experience.
Do I need Travel Insurance?
Yes. We recommend travel insurance for every trip big or small. We offer competitive policies and include a valuable 15% discount with CHI for our customers. We can also help choose the right policy for you while booking.
Terms and Conditions
The fine points and payment deadlines.
- Pricing is listed per person in Australian Dollars.
- Listed prices and availability are subject to change at any time.
- All payments are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
- Changes to bookings may incur amendment fees per transaction, plus any applicable fees from suppliers (e.g. airlines).
- Extra travel services may be subject to different payment requirements to be confirmed on quoting or booking.
- Full cancellation applies.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for unused services. We recommend purchasing travel insurance and can provide a 15% off discount with CHI.
- Events Travel are IATA, AFTA, ATAS, ASTA and IAGTO accredited. Learn more about trust & safety.
- These event specific terms apply in addition to our general booking terms and conditions.
How to Book
- Book now with a low 25% deposit plus any upgrades in full.
- Finish off payment with the balance due by 20 October 2019.
We accept direct bank transfers and credit card payments. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard (1.5% fee) and American Express (1.98% fee). Payment information will be provided with your confirmation and invoice after making a booking.
Events Travel is proud to be a partner of Tennis Australia and an Official Tour Operator for Australian Open 2020.
Travel with Confidence
|Official Tour Operator|
|100% Guaranteed Tickets|
|Transparent Pricing (No Hidden Fees)|
|Established in 1993 and 100% Australian Owned|
|Fully Accredited (ATAS, AFTA, IATA & more)|
Home of Australian Open 2020
You may also be interested in: