Tennis Australia has paused the Official Travel Program for Australian Open 2021, while they decide on how tournament will be run, including spectator numbers and ticket availability. If you’re interested in watching Australian Open 2021, you can still see our packages and request a quote, but sales will not be possible until they are resumed. In the meantime, you should join our waitlist for AO 2021 and you will be updated. Or, you can join our waitlist for AO 2022 if you want to go next year! Thank you for your patience.
Australian Open 2021
18-31 Jan, 2021
Official Tour Operator
Your Australian Open 2021 experience starts here. We are pleased to offer a range of Official Australian Open 2021 Packages, including tickets and hospitality. After almost 27 years helping fans experience the Australian Open, we’ve watched the event evolve into one of the best events on the planet!
We hope you’ll come with us for unforgettable experience Australian Open travel experience.
Experience the Grand Slam of Asia Pacific this January and watch the world’s biggest tennis superstars up close in Melbourne.
The Australian Open is Australia’s most loved sporting event and the biggest of the four Grand Slams of tennis. The hugely popular event takes place each January and has evolved into a two-week long celebration of tennis, hospitality and entertainment that thrills and delights locals and travellers from around the globe.Read moreRead less
The AO is unlike any other sporting event on the planet, and we’ve seen most. Each year it’s reinvented with incredible culinary offerings from world-renowned Melbourne restaurants and celebrity chefs, dazzling hospitality experiences, entertainment for the entire family and world-class facilities and activations that bring fans closer to the on-court action. Many of the top players cite Melbourne Park and the facilities as the best in the world and that’s proven through the engagement between players and fans throughout the tournament.
The Australian Open is an event where you can see your favourite players up close and personal during the first week, while in the second week you can watch breathtaking performances as players move through the tournament to the final rounds that take place on the world-renowned Rod Laver Arena.
Tennis action aside, Melbourne is the perfect host city, often claiming the title of the world’s most livable city and Australia’s sporting capital. Melbourne has a lot to offer from world-class shopping and restaurants to galleries, gardens, beaches, art-filled laneways and inspiring museums. If you venture out of the city, you will find world-class wine regions, stunning national parks and breathtaking coastal drives.
At Events Travel, we have been helping fans experience the Australian Open by providing Official Australian Open Packages since 1995 and were a founding partner of the Official Tour Operator program back in 1997. As an Official Tour Operator, we provide Official Travel Packages including Tickets and Hospitality with some of the best seats available in the major arenas. As a full-service travel company, we put together great value packages including all the services you need to enjoy your travel experience such as flights, hotels, transport, sightseeing and more.
Whether you’re a first-timer to Australian Open or a veteran, we look forward to providing you with an exceptional Australian Open 2021 travel experience.
See page 9 of the Product Brochure
Upper Level seating is available on request, but not recommended
Upper Sun and Upper Shade
Seating allocation is yet to be provided by Tennis Australia, please refer to the Rod Laver Arena map for possible locations.
Our seating allocation has been provided by Tennis Australia* and is as follows:
Seats are primarily in Section 8, with some in Section 10. Towards the finals, some seats in Section 6, 13 and 14. If you have a specific seating request, please let us know on booking.
Section and row numbers can be provided on booking.
* IMPORTANT SEATING UPDATE
In the event of government-mandated physical distancing requirements, stadium seating capacity may be reduced and seating allocations may change. The decision, if made, will come from Tennis Australia and the State Government of Victoria in due course. For Events Travel customers, we will be allocating seats by date of booking. The earlier you book, the better your seats from our preferred allocation.
Coronavirus FAQs from Tennis Australia
At this stage, the Australian Open is going ahead as the first Grand Slam of 2021. Tennis Australia have provided us with potential scenarios and outcomes should AO 2021 be impacted by coronavirus:
1. AO 2021 goes ahead, but with physical distancing restrictions
Outcome: Tennis Australia will make adjustments to the number of tickets issued, allowing physical distancing to be practiced. How this will work has not been confirmed, but it does mean reduced ticket availability, but it does not mean increased ticket prices
2. AO 2021 is postponed
Outcome: Customers will be able to retain their booking and have this transferred to the new date without penalty. If this does not suit, customers will be offered a refund less a $75 booking and handling fee
3. AO 2021 is cancelled
Outcome: Customers will be able to transfer their booking to the 2022 event without penalty. If this does not suit, customers will be offered a refund less a $75 booking and handling fee
4. AO 2021 goes ahead but you no longer wish to travel
Outcome: Tennis Australia will only hold the tournament if they are able to do so in compliance with Australian Government regulations. With this in mind, if it is your personal choice not to travel, refunds cannot be offered. In this instance, we recommend speaking to your travel insurance provider and we can provide a statement for your use
5. AO 2021 goes ahead but international travellers are not permitted or travel is restricted from your state or territory
Outcome: International customers will be able to transfer their booking to the 2022 event without penalty. If this does not suit, customers will be offered a refund less a $75 booking and handling fee
It is our belief that option one is the most likely outcome at this stage and that the event will go ahead as planned with physical distancing measures in place. This means ticket supply and crowds will be reduced. On a positive note, this will mean customers will have great event viewing and enjoy a quieter and more spacious Australian Open. We feel the above scenarios and outcomes are fair and reasonable given the current climate in Australia and we look forward to welcoming our customers to Australian Open 2021 for what will be a unique and highly anticipated global event.
If you are an existing customer, or a new customer, and have concerns about your booking or making a booking, please get in touch with a friendly Travel Expert who will explain more about the process and how we’re ensuring your confidence.
- Week 1 offers fantastic viewing, even with just a Grounds Pass you will see many top players
- Grab a reserved seat ticket in Week 2 where you’ll see the biggest, most intense matches of the tournament during the final rounds
- If you opt for a reserved ticket to RLA in the PM, you won’t be able to enter Melbourne Park until 5pm. If you wish to enter earlier, you’ll need a Grounds Pass for that day
- There are activities at the Australian Open for all ages, including the Ball Park, movies and a daycare center for kids. For the adults, there’s activations, bars, interactive activities, shops, restaurants/hospitality and plenty of tennis action
- Customers can take empty water bottles and food into Melbourne Park, there are water refill stations dotted around the precinct
- Garden Square is one of the best places to relax in between games while still catching action on the big screen, but get there early as it can be busy and atmospheric
- If you cannot find the right Australian Open Package for you, simply request a custom-made package from our Travel Experts
What’s on offer from Events Travel?
- Event: Australian Open Tickets, Australian Open Hospitality and exclusive experiences
- Flights: All carriers and destinations
- Accommodation: Extra nights, room upgrades and more
- Transport: Coaches, private transfers and car hire
- Sightseeing: Attractions, day trips and organised tours
- Custom-made Packages: For individuals and groups of all sizes, including corporate groups and incentives
- Travel Insurance: Domestic and international policies, including a 15% off base policy discount for Australian residents
Events Travel VIP Suite
Events Travel Superbox
Melbourne is a dynamic cosmopolitan city which is stylish and forward-thinking yet offers a laid back atmosphere. The city is renowned for creative arts, world-class dining, amazing galleries, shops and spectacular sports and events. Venture into the CBD to find hidden laneways brimming with street art from the world’s best, or head north to find bohemian shopping strips and the best Italian food outside of Italy. Just outside the CBD is the world-famous MCG and Melbourne Park, which hosts the Australian Open and is a short stroll or free tram ride away. Intrepid travellers can spend days exploring wineries, nature areas and coastal drives all within one to two hours drive from the CBD. Melbourne has something for everything and is waiting for you
January is summer in Melbourne. Average highs are 26C and lows are 19C. Rainfall is limited and hot sunny days are expected during Australian Open 2021. We recommend choosing shaded seats for day sessions and lower level seats for night sessions. Note that on really hot days, Rod Laver Arena roof will be closed and the arena will be air-conditioned, this relates to the Australian Open heat policy
Things to Do
National Gallery of Victoria
Queen Victoria Market
Great Ocean Road
Deposit: 25% plus any upgrades or extras due to secure your booking
Balance: Due by 19 October 2020
We accept payments by bank transfer (EFT), credit cards and cheque. Domestic bank transfers and cheques have no fees. International bank transfers (e.g. from an international bank to our Australian bank or from an Australian bank to our international bank) incur a nominal A$20 service fee per transaction. All credit card payments incur merchant fees. For Visa and MasterCard it’s 1.5% and for American Express it’s 1.98%.
Payment instructions will be provided on booking and if you have any queries, please get in touch.
- Start your journey by making a new enquiry or speak to a Travel Expert
- From there, you can make a new booking or discuss your travel requirements in more detail. Our Travel Experts will happily provide more information or put together a custom-made package, just for you
- After confirming your booking, you will receive a deposit invoice and booking confirmation with more information about your trip
- If the event is still a while away, you will receive email updates from our team with more information and event announcements as the information comes to hand
- Approximately four weeks before the event begins, we start sending out your travel documents. You will receive a travel documents email and if required, a parcel with physical items as well. The travel documents email will contain personalised travel information, itineraries, vouchers and details about your trip. Your parcel (if applicable) will contain tickets, merchandise and supporter gear. For some events, or if you live internationally and cannot receive your parcel within the available timeframe, we will make your parcel available for collection from your hotel or an official collection centre. If this is the case, you will be advised within your travel documents email, this always comes first
- That’s it — you’ll be ready to travel!