Terms and Conditions
Booking and Travelling
Please read carefully, as these terms and conditions apply to all products purchased through Events Travel. These terms and conditions are to be used in conjunction with specific event terms and conditions listed on each event page and available on request at any time.
Booking, Travelling and Cancellations
Reservations can be made through any IATA, ATAS accredited or Internationally Bonded Travel Agency or directly with Events Travel. The terms of each package or tour will be advised on the applicable brochure, flyer or web page. All prices are inclusive of Australian GST applicable at the time of confirmation. The level of GST is according to the Federal Government and may change at any time.
If confirmed bookings are altered an amendment fee of $50 per person will be charged plus any charges or levies made by our suppliers.
Due to strict event payment conditions all deposits, stage payments and final payments are non-refundable. Should you need to cancel your arrangements, tour or event package this will apply as standard. All cancellations must be advised in writing. On a case by case basis we may assess if any component value can be used as a future credit for travel services supplied only by Events Travel. Separately invoiced airfares or other travel services will be subject to their specific terms of sale. We strongly recommend Travel Insurance for all event travel bookings. We can supply Travel Insurance at the time of booking. Payment schedules will apply as per your confirmation letter
Unused vouchers for services that are provided as part of an Events Travel package are not transferable or refundable. In the event that a match is cancelled then only the face value of a ticket less any applicable fees can be considered for refund. Any tickets must be returned to us or our local agents.
Possible Price or Itinerary Changes
Prices of event or holiday packages are based on ground arrangement tariffs in effect at the time of quoting. They are subject to any revisions that may become effective at a later date. No changes in routings or itineraries are contemplated but the right is reserved to make them if necessary. Group tours are subject to minimum numbers.
All tour costs quoted are subject to change in the event of foreign exchanges, fluctuations and airline airfare changes.
The air, land or sea carrier will be specified on each tour and while the services and fares of a particular carrier has been used the services of any other airline may be used for the routes booked and the appropriate fares charged.
Airline companies reserve the right to charge fares in force on the day of departure. No domestic add-ons have been included in costs unless specified.
Each tour has an Events Travel (or group) tour code number which should be used where possible when booking.
Effective Dates – Refer to Each Tour
Each Tour or Package has its own validity which will be inserted on each brochure, quote, web page or flyer. You will be advised of any changes after booking should they occur.
Events Worldwide Pty Ltd and H6 Pty Ltd form the Events Travel Group and are herein called “the company”. The company accepts the booking and agrees to arrange the travel facilities in relation to the specified holiday or flyer only upon the conditions set out in the most recent brochure or flyer issued by the company is respect of such holiday, herein after called “the brochure” and upon the following conditions:
- In issuing tickets and coupons for travel conveyance or transport in making arrangements for hotels or other accommodation, the company is acting as a booking agent only for the persons or corporations providing the means of travel or accommodation (herein called “principles”). The company shall not be liable or responsible in any respect for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay or irregularity occurring to any person or property occasioned, sustained or suffered in the course of any holiday, journey or accommodation the use of any facilities booked by or through the company, corporation or person. So far as the company shall not be acting as the agents for the person making the booking.
- The principals aforesaid have the rights to change existing prices without notice at any time before or after this booking. The company reserves the right to require further payment to cover any such increases, and any change in exchange rates for foreign currency or to vary the travel accommodation or tour arrangements, to wholly or partly compensate for any such increases or change.
- The principals will carry persons and goods and provide accommodation and tours, only on the terms and conditions imposed by them respectively, including conditions and regulations appearing on tickets. The traveller agrees to accept and abide by the terms and conditions so imposed.
- The company believes the contents of the brochure relating to the holiday or services to be true at the time of printing of the first edition of such brochure. The company makes no express or implied representation or warranty with respect to the standard of service or accommodation as at the time the traveller undertakes the tour. The company shall not be held liable or responsible to any person who has made a booking in the event of such persons dissatisfaction of any such service or accommodation.
- If after departure, for sickness or any other reason whatsoever a person does not avail himself of any travel accommodation or tour arrangements, no refund or other allowance or alternative arrangements will be made in respect of any travel, accommodation, tour or sightseeing not availed of. No allowance or refund can be made in respect of any lost or unused tickets, vouchers, coupons or other authorities entitling a traveller to partake any part of the within holiday.
- The company reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any of the arrangements contained in this holiday or package.
- The company will in no circumstances be responsible for travellers baggage, personal items, health or welfare.
- The company and it’s principals reserve the rights to refuse to carry or to accommodate any person whom it considers unsuitable by a reason of age or physical or mental condition.
The transportation companies or firms shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any detention, delay, loss, damage, sickness or injury however and by whom so ever caused and whatever kind occurring of, or to the passenger at any time when the passenger is not on board a carrier or conveyance used or operated by the transportation companies or firms concerned shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies or firms. The passage contract in use by the transportation companies or firms concerned shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies or firms and purchaser of these tours and/ or purchaser. All tickets, deposit tickets, coupons and orders are furnished and issued subject to all respects to those terms and conditions under which the means of transportation of those services provided thereby are offered or supplied by owners, operators, public carriers, managing agents or agents.
All travel documents are NON TRANSFERABLE. All Airline tickets must be issued EXACTLY as per passport/photo identity of holder. Airlines reserve the right to deny carriage and/or cancel bookings of passengers where documentation is not correct. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate information in regards to your passport name and travel documents.
Visa & Documentation Responsibilities
It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that they have and hold, the appropriate documentation and visas. Many countries require that your passport must have at least six months validity from your arrival date back into Australia. If you are travelling on a passport other than Australian or New Zealand, you will require a permit to re-enter Australia. We are happy to assist you in determining passport and visa requirements wherever possible, however; It is the passenger’s and travel organisers responsibility to ensure that all passports/visas are correct and valid. If you are unsure of your requirements please check this Smart Traveller for assistance. You may also refer to Visa Link for more information.
If you are a member of an airline frequent flyer program please advise us of your membership number/s. It is advisable to retain your boarding passes and copies of tickets for point verification against your statement. Without these you may be unable to claim points. Some airfares are not eligible for point accrual – please check with us if you have any doubts.
In most cases event tickets involve fees and royalties over and above the face value of the ticket. In some cases tickets are also sourced from ticket agents on the open market and may well be above the face value based on demand and supply. Once purchased tickets are completely non-refundable even on the occasion an event may be cancelled.
Travel Insurance is highly recommended. We strongly suggest that your policy be taken out when the booking is made in order to cover any cancellation penalties that may apply from that time. We recommend CHI Travel Insurance and can offer a 15% discount off policy prices for qualifying customers. Please advise if you would like a policy brochure – we can offer discounts and are experienced with travel insurance.
For travel advice on the countries you are visiting, please contact the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade on toll free 1300 555 135. You can also register yourself with DFAT or seek information directly from our Travel Consultants. Find out more from Smart Traveller.
Please check with your local doctor before travelling. Information can be found by calling Travelvax on toll free 1300 360 164 or the website. Use the Travel VAX website for more information.
Revisions of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or any part of this webpage from time to time.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about the terms and conditions on this page, or for any events or travel services, please contact us at email@example.com.
These terms and conditions were last updated 1 December, 2017.